Suggest treatment for severe chest pain
Feels like bad painful side stitch and intermittent sharp pain
Hurts more with deep breath
Have had this pain on and off for over a year can't seem to get it diagnosed
Pain went away for a few weeks while taking pro biotic and cutting back smoking.
Have returned from Fiji one week ago with diarrhoea daily since then the pain has got worse ... it feels like something is stuck under left rib. Very painful.
Also feel as is I may have irritated colon or something? Could it be trapped gas?
Worse since returning from Fiji and stopping pro biotics
need more info
Thanks for the query
I understand that you have chronic pain on the left side however in order to help you I need a few more details
1. What exactly do you mean by 'stitch' pain? It is pricking, dull aching or stabbing?
2. Does it reduce on sleeping on the same side? Are you able to feel the pain when you touch it or is it from within?
3. Was any scans and x rays done? It is possible to furnish the report
4. Please mention your height and weight
Please get back to me, I am awaiting your reply
Thanks for getting back,I am sorry for the short delay in my reply. I was on call at my hospital and I just got back
From the history you have provided it looks like you are suffering from chest pain which is arising from the pleura, which is the lining the of the lung. Here is how you should go about it
1. Avoid smoking
2. I recommend Tab Tramadol for the pain, it will reduce the pain instantly
3. I suggest you to get evaluated by a pulmonologist, MRI of the chest will be helpful to know if there are any pleural blebs
I hope I was of help, i am once again sorry for the delay
Thank you for the reply.
I have had two ultra sounds and both clear and also a chest and lung x ray...all satisfactory results and lungs clear and heart of
Pain has calmed down a fair bit today ...on the probiotics for three days again.
Do you suggest I go to GP tomorrow and ask for mri
Get an MRI
I suggest you to ask your GP for an MRI of the chest and also to recommend you to a pulmonologist/ chest physician
Thank you for getting back. Why did he order for a colonoscopy? What was the indication? Please get back to me with the results
Please discuss about my suggestions to him.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Severe chest pain and shortness of breath
- Diagnosis of severe chest pain
- Treatment and cure for severe chest pain
- Severe chest pain after pregnancy
- Severe chest pain causes
- Dukan diet severe chest pain
- Tuna causes severe chest pain
- Severe chest pain during conjunctivitis
- Severe chest pain during crying
- Symptoms of severe chest pain