What causes stomach discomfort and loose stools during 38th week of pregnancy?

Dr. Deepti Verma

OBGYN, Maternal and Fetal Medicine

Posted on Wed, 9 May 2018 in Pregnancy
Question: Hi
My wife is now almost 38 weeks pregnant. Today she had uneasiness in stomach and had loose motions . Is this the start of labour. How and when do we go to the Emergency or Hospital ?
Answered by Dr. Deepti Verma 55 minutes later
Brief Answer:
One should go to the emergency room

Detailed Answer:
Hi dear,
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
Uneasiness and diarrhoea can be due to start of labour or due to gastroenteritis.
However, at this gestational age, one should go to the emergency room in both the situations, as further treatment should be done after assessment of the condition of both the mother and the fetus.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
OBGYN
Maternal and fetal medicine specialist
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad