What causes stomach discomfort and loose stools during 38th week of pregnancy?
My wife is now almost 38 weeks pregnant. Today she had uneasiness in stomach and had loose motions . Is this the start of labour. How and when do we go to the Emergency or Hospital ?
One should go to the emergency room
I have gone through your question and understand the concerns.
Uneasiness and diarrhoea can be due to start of labour or due to gastroenteritis.
However, at this gestational age, one should go to the emergency room in both the situations, as further treatment should be done after assessment of the condition of both the mother and the fetus.
Hope you found the answer helpful.
Dr Deepti Verma
Maternal and fetal medicine specialist
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What could stomach discomfort weakness during night hours indicate
- Have stomach discomfort nausea dizziness loose stools ideas
- Cause of constant stomach discomfort and vomiting
- Stomach discomfort causes
- Stomach discomfort sporlac during pregnancy
- What causes stomach discomfort
- Dark stool and stomach discomfort
- Stomach discomfort loose stools taking pankreoflat losing weight help
- What is the remedy for stomach discomfort in the morning
- Stomach discomfort in 39th week of pregnancy
- What are side effects of Unwanted 72 taken to stop pregnancy?
- What are the chances of pregnancy through unprotected sex without...
- What causes vaginal bleeding after having I pill?
- What causes delay in menstruation after taking I-pill?
- What causes dizziness after having Percocet?
- What causes delay in period despite having I pill after unprotected sex?
- What causes heavier menstruation while taking Progesterone during...
- What causes constipation, whitish bumps on nipples and pink spotting?
- What causes bleeding from vagina while urinating?
- What are the different methods of safe abortion?