• question-icon

Suggest treatment for severe anal itching

Posted on Thu, 27 Jul 2017 in Liver and Gall Bladder
Question: hello

for about a month now i have had intense anal itching so much to the point when i scratch its relief. think its more intense after a bowl motion although im not certain. it now seems to sting ( doewnt anymore) and im assuming it's from the scratching. i have had hemmoroids on and off for years and noticed i do have a skin tag with a small white head in it and vessels around my anus are blue but not painful. so its like i have external or internal hemmoroids that just sit there but if im on the toilet i can always feel a small bulge which im assuming are external hemmoroids. But this itching is awful. i went to the dr she have me novasone but didnt help. i also have tried desitin a nappy rash cream told it works from forums ive tried online i took a worming tablet just in case but it returned after a week or so.
Answered by Dr. Sunil 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Use anti histaminic like allegra sos.

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for query

As per your queries answers are-
your case appears to be grade 2 hemorrhoid (i.e.hemorrhoids prolapse and usually reduces by itself).Stage 1 to 3 are managed conservatively
Use PreprationH or Ruticool a combination containing contains Calcium Dobesilate, Hydrocortisone, Lignocaine, and Zinc daily over the hemorrhoid.

Oral Calcium Dobesilate-Initially twice daily for 21 days followed by once daily for 3 months.

A probiotic should also be taken regularly with these medicines. Probiotic improves overall digestion and relieves constipation.

Take isabghul husk daily.It's a natural laxative containing husk. It absorbs water from the intestine and swells up making passage of stool easy and add bulk to stool.

For itching take tab allegra once daily.However to cure it fully we need to treat hemorrhoid.

Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. Sunil 2 hours later
is ruticool a cream i can purchase here in Australia and will that completly cure my hemmoroid prolaose for good? Also do you mean take calcium tablets? i bought psylium husk to put on my cereal today amd try. also what is tab alegra. i have attached some pictures to make sure its ok
Answered by Dr. Sunil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Follow up answer.

Detailed Answer:
Hi again-
Its Calcium Dobesilate (not calcium)-Doxium trade name

PreprationH is available in australia its same as Ruticool chances of cure is almost 60% after 3 month therapy.

Allergra is an anti histaminic and help you in itching.

Please attach photo i can't see it
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Sunil 9 hours later
preperation h i apply daily for 3 months? Do i need a prescription for it?
Answered by Dr. Sunil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Follow up.

Detailed Answer:
Hi

Its available Over the counter. Yes apply it daily before going to bed.

Thanks!
Follow up: Dr. Sunil 17 minutes later
this is my last question I have am i dont want to waste it.
1. did you see the attached pictures? are they just hemmoroids if so which type?
2. is there am alternative my chemist hasnt heard of it.
3. is it normal to have chrinic hemmoroids and can it lead into something serious?
Answered by Dr. Sunil 11 hours later
Brief Answer:
Follow up answer.

Detailed Answer:
Hi again,
1)Have seen the pics, Whether its internal or external can be confirmed only after digital examination of rectum and anal canal in person by a doctor.
2) Ask your pharmacist combination containing contains Calcium Dobesilate, Hydrocortisone, Lignocaine, and Zinc(they are the constituents).Prep H can be ordered online also.

3)To have any problem anywhere in body is not normal.
Follow conservative management for 3 months if not relieved go for minimally invasive surgery.

Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Dr. Sunil

Gastroenterologist