Suggest treatment for secondary hemochromatosis
Consider secondary hemochromatosis brought on by other conditions
Hello sir and welcome.
Thank you for writing to us.
I have gone through your query with diligence and would like you to know that I am here to help. Well there are different variants of hemochromatosis (hereditary, acquired primary, and especially secondary hemochromatosis in your case which occurs due to other conditions, etc.), I hope your doctor has ruled all these variants out.
In my opinion there can be a few causes for iron overload like repeated blood transfusions, liver diseases, hepatitis, excessive alcohol consumption, anaemia, etc. I thus recommend an elaborate workup to make sure all these causes are looked into, and also that all variants of hemochrombtosis are considered.
There are a few neurological implications of hemochromatosis like headaches, exhaustion, mood swings, impaired memory, etc. But no such neurological conditions that can cause an iron overload in my opinion.
I hope you find my response helpful. Please feel free to write back to me for any further clarifications, I am always here to help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for genetic hemochromatosis
- Homeopathy hemochromatosis treatment
- Hemochromatosis treatment hair regrowth
- What are the possible treatments for hemochromatosis
- Treatment and cure for primary hemochromatosis
- Treatment and cure for hemochromatosis
- Treatment options for hemochromatosis
- Genetic hemochromatosis treatment
- Treatment and cure for hereditary hemochromatosis
- Treatment and cure for idiopathic hemochromatosis
- Not getting proper sleep, don't want to take sleeping pills. What to take?
- Radiation done for tongue cancer. Started getting pain. How to overcome...
- How to get rid of swollen and painful inner labia?
- Have bradycardia. Got positive stress test and qrs-t angle on ekg. Risk...
- Suffering from chronic acute bronchitis and recurrent pneumonitis. Safe...
- Hard bump appeared on inner thigh and lower abdomen. What could be...
- Have severe dry eye. On Restasis. Used moisture pads. Nothing helped....
- Have osteoporosis. Is it safe to stop taking fosomax while on calcium...
- Sudden pop sound in back. Experiencing pain and hot flashes. Took...
- Suffering from post-traumatic stress disorder and bipolar 2. Why am I...