Suggest treatment for seborrheic dermatitis

Posted on Wed, 10 Dec 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Thanks for checking the eye SD till has not cleared
Answered by Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Kindly elaborate your latest condition & send pictures

Detailed Answer:
Hello Madam,

Welcome again to the forum and thanks for your follow up.

I can understand that the problem of seborrheic dermatitis is still not cleared. In view to help you best I humbly request you to tell me certain points:

- What is the percentage of improvement you feel.

- What is the severity of itching now.

- Do you still feel more redness and irritation.

It would be best if you can send me few good resolution latest pictures of the affected area. For the same you a feature on the right side of the page.

Hope to hear soon form your side.

With regards,

Dr Sanjay Kanodia
MD- Dermatology
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia 35 hours later
Please pictures
Brief Answer:
RE: "Irritant/ Contact dermatitis": various measures to be done

Detailed Answer:
Hello Madam,

I have gone through your latest pictures and can make out that the condition is bit better but not completely alright.

I reassure you fully that the medications of Mometasone cream or fluticasone cream or cortisone cream are totally safe to be applied over skin. These are one of the mildest creams and can be applied around the eyes. Looking at the severity of lesions it is the recommended treatment. The only precaution you should make is to apply in a thin layer in morning and at night time. Apply in a very thin layer so that it should not be visible to naked eye. Also should not go inside the eyes. I suggest to apply it for 7 days and then stop it after that.

For irritation or itching I suggest tablet “Loratadine” or "Deslotatadine" (Claritin) tablet by mouth up to 2 times or 3 times also if the itching is more.

If at all you are not getting better in 72 hours then in patients I suggest them a short course of oral steroids for 3-5 days in tapering dose.

In case you have confusion then can meet a family physician and apprise him/her with my suggestions and take action accordingly.

The rest of the precautions are as suggested before and I reassure you fully that this condition is quite simple and can be managed easily by active measures and the suggestions told above.

I hope these information's will help you. If you have further queries I will be happy to help.

"Wish you good health"

Dr Sanjay Kumar Kanodia
MD (Dermatology)
Dr. Sanjay Kumar Kanodia

Dermatologist