Suggest treatment for sebaceous cyst
Possibly a sebaceous cyst.
Hi XXXX ! Good morning. I am Dr Shareef answering your query.
Even though it requires a clinical assessment of the bump for a proper diagnosis, from your history it seems to be a sebaceous cyst (you did not mention the site), which gets infected time and again causing this tenderness.
If I were your doctor, after a general clinical assessment, I would advise you not to fiddle with the bump to prevent it getting recurrent infections, go for an anti inflammatory drug along with a proton pump inhibitor, and advise you for a broad spectrum antibiotic. With this course of action, the infection in the bump could be controlled, and after some routine blood tests like a CBC and a Blood sugar test, I would plan for an excision biopsy of the bump under an antibiotic cover, and send the excised specimen for a histopathology study. Further management would depend on the hitopathology report of the specimen.
I hope this information would help you in discussing with your family physician/treating doctor in further management of your problem. Please do not hesitate to ask in case of any further doubts.
Thanks for choosing health care magic to clear doubts on your health problems. I wish you an early recovery. Dr Shareef.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Sebaceous cyst treatment in ayurveda
- Ayurvedic treatment for sebaceous cyst
- Homeopathic treatment for sebaceous cyst
- Treatment of labial sebaceous cyst
- Suggest treatment for sebaceous cyst on the scalp
- Sebaceous cyst treatment
- Laser treatment for sebaceous cysts
- Inflamed sebaceous cyst treatment
- Suggest treatment for sebaceous cyst removal
- Infected sebaceous cyst treatment
- Having COPD. Tired and weak. Medical cure for this?
- Could not remember words and password as though everything is erased...
- Having abdominal pain. Colonoscopy and ultrasound were normal. Endoscopy...
- Itching on foreskin and soreness of glans. Using canesten ointment. Any...
- Bloating and abdominal discomfort due to bowel section. Taking coloxyl,...
- Itching in anus and rash on buttocks. Suggest treatment
- Have constant headache and diagnosed with allergies. Took allegra. Pain...
- What is the treatment for lower abdominal pain?
- Having diarrhea and passes ball segments. What could be this?
- Taking antibiotics for typhoid and still having fever. Is the antibiotic...