What is H. pylori infection?

Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Fri, 18 May 2018 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: What is h-pyloric? I think that's what the doctor mentioned as a possibility about my stomach and intestinal problems.
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 32 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Its a bacteria causing gastritis and gastric ulcers.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for query.

H. pylori is a type of bacteria that grows in gut and atacks the stomach mucosa.H. pylori infections are usually harmless, but they’re responsible for causing ulcers in the stomach and small intestine.The exact way H. pylori infects someone is still unknown. H. pylori bacteria may be passed from person to person through direct contact with saliva,food,water, vomit or fecal matter
.H. pylori treatment usually includes dual antibiotic with proton pump inhibitor. Most people are cured after finishing one to two weeks of medicine.

Regards!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana