What causes pain in the left upper thigh?
From what you describe, this seems to be a problem with varicose veins. In early stages, we have found that copperfit braces can help a lot to alleviate the pain, but as the condition progresses there needs to be more specialized help.
I would recommend to avoid standing for prolonged period. If you can't sit, at least walk around the place. Walking can help because muscle contraction helps the veins to push the blood higher and to get it moving. Jogging is painful because it seems to strain a lot the muscles and increases the pressure inside the veins.
I also recommend to add more fibers in your diet, because they help the walls of your blood vessels, and to keep using copperfit braces.
It is concerning to me the amount of motrin you take. Please be careful, because motrin and other NSAIDs can cause gastric ulcers and other GI and cardiovascular problems. Use with caution!
In the end, if symptoms persist, I recommend you to see a vascular surgeon. He wil explain you further about the techniques and the rate of success in removing definitely this problem.
Hope I have answered your question. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help.
Manoku Eni M.D.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes burning pain in thighs
- Pain in upper thigh caused by climbing
- What causes knots and pain on upper thighs
- Upper thigh leg pain causes
- Upper thigh pain causes
- What causes pain with tenderness on thighs
- Upper inner thigh pain causes
- What causes lumpdent in upper thigh
- Thigh pain tried using ice what is the cause
- What causes pain in hamstrings and on thigh
- What causes disorientation while on Phenytoin?
- What causes low platelet and hemoglobin counts while treating dengue?
- What causes bleeding from scrotum?
- Are Tegaderm wound dressings breathable?
- What causes pain in the left upper thigh?
- What causes severe abdominal pain?
- How can a wound on the side of the toe be treated?
- What causes blood in mucus along with cold?
- Suggest treatment for post-nasal drip causing green phlegm in the throat
- How can a lump on the back be treated?