Suggest treatment for scalp psoriasis
I have gone through your query.
The first aim of treatment is to soften and eliminate scales. For this salicylic acid shampoos will help. I usually advise my patients to use this on alternative days when the process is active and use weekly once otherwise.
Second one is reduce itching and inflammation: For this steroid gel or ointment application twice daily will be helpful. Using Coaltar shampoos also will be helpful. For mild cases these all will help.
If it is severe then topical treatment with tazorac or anthralin and oral medications like methotrexate or oral retinoids will be helpful.
As it is a chronic condition it can't be cured completely. You can get a remission with all these. You
should continue the medicated shampoos even you get a remission.
Hope this may help you. Let me know if anything not clear.
2) how often should i wash my hairs? and also i m not applying any hair oil continuing the therapy when i have been asked to not to apply hair oil, is it right?
3) my most of the hairs are turned to grey from child hood so i use hair color to cover it up ...does that affect my hairs? if yes then please advise
4) finally do i need to follow diet for particular because of daily hair wash leading to hair fall huge?
Shampoo usage?daily hair washing?Hair oil?
Thank you for your follow up query.
1) You can use candid tv shampoo on alternative days when you have active scaling.When it is controlled you can reduce it to two days weekly.Head and shoulders also have ketoconazole component,if you are using candid tv which will be much better and you can use some other coal tar shampoo instead of that on other time.
2)shouldnt wash hair so often.You can bath once daily.
3)Hair color can cause hypersensitivity and worsening of psoriasis in some.If have used any colors before and with out any problems then you can continue.
4)You can take vitamins for hair like biotin.Eat at least 3-4 different fruits saplings per day. Pulses are good source of proteins. So everyday have a small bowel full of mixed pulses. Over night soaked and peeled almonds will give you good vitamin E which is good for the hair growth.Milk and milk products should be included in every-day's schedule.Do light exercises, reduce your work stress as all these have bit impact on skin so also on scalp skin.
Hope this may help you.Let me know if anything not clear.
1.can u please tell me about using hair oil...as i dont apply hair oil any time?..if yes please suggest one which could be compatible with my hairs because i use hair color (Renew Black)
and for most finally i came to know the update about drug "Tildrakizumab" which is in phase III trials now got over by sun pharma ..treating plaque psoriasis
Can you please enlighten about this drug and when it is expected to be aproval and marketing in XXXXXXX ...and how does this work for scalp psoriasis
thanks and reagards sir
About hair oil.
Thank you for your follow up.
Coconut oil is considered good for plaque psoriasis.You can use that in moderation.
Regarding Tildrakizumab- Reports about its trials is not out still.It will be out by mid 2015.Once that is out it will be available shortly in XXXXXXX About the benefits and adverse effect of drug, you have to wait till that time.
Hope this may help you.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Scalp psoriasis homeopathic treatment
- Scalp psoriasis cure in ayurveda
- Treatment for recurring scalp psoriasis
- Scalp psoriasis otc treatments
- Scalp psoriasis cure
- Treatment and cure for scalp psoriasis
- Hydrogen peroxide scalp psoriasis
- Suggest the medication for scalp psoriasis
- Best treatment for scalp psoriasis
- Scalp psoriasis diet
- Suggest medication for hair fall programe
- Suggest treatment for itchy bump on skin
- What causes dizziness and disorientation?
- What causes white patches on face after using Skinlite cream?
- Suggest treatment for scalp psoriasis
- Suggest remedy for dark upperlip post antibiotic allergy
- Suggest treatment for sharp pain in chest
- Suggest treatment for high sugar levels
- What does this cholesterol test result indicate?
- What does low kidney functioning mean?