Suggest treatment for redness on the foot and ankles
Get specific treatment after consulting family physician
Thank you for the query. I have read it & understood your problem.
You had been on a beach, where you must have walked in sand.. which creates lot of exertion to foot . In addition you have health problems like diabetes/ thyroid problem & blood pressure.
* In this light if we think, possible cause of your problem can be-
- It can be simple sprain ,out of stress to foot while sand walk.
- Uncontrolled diabetes helps process of infection to flourish & can enhance swelling along with inflammation.
- Blood pressure can cause swelling on ankles/ varicose veins.. which may be the cause of swelling & inflammation on ankle on exertion.
- Deep vein thrombosis is another possibility which can arise in overweight patients , having stress & trauma to deep veins on exertion.
- If there is no accompanied pain, walking in hot sand can lead to sort of sun burn, itching & infection exaggerated with uncontrolled diabetes.
* To pin point the cause is way to fast recovery. So I would advise to -
- consult your family physician to start with, he will have a detailed physical & systemic examination/ few basic investigations like CBC, Blood sugar, Imaging investigation .. in case he suspects varicose veins or deep vein thrombosis.
- He may start specific treatment OR he may refer you to specialists ( skin specialist/ Diabetologist/ cardiovascular surgeon ) for further evaluation & needful treatment,
* Self care-
- take rest/ immobilize the foot till it's examined by doctor .
- do not massage or foment . After examination your doctor may recommend hot or cold compresses./ specific ointment
- Get your sugar medicines evaluated by Diabetologist & follow the dosage & dietary restrictions to control diabetes .Also continue your thyroid & blood pressure medicines reconsidered by treating doctors & have a good control on the conditions.
- Till the time you meet your doctor,you can take over the counter pain medicine like Ibuprofen 400 mg pill after food twice a day if there is pain
- Eat lot of vegetable, salads, proteins restricted carbohydrate & sugar & salt.
I hope the answer has been informative & useful for you. Any follow up query is welcome.
Thanks for the feed back. wish you a quick recovery.
Thank you for the feedback! It'most encouraging to receiving such a feed instant feedback! Thank you!
You are most welcome to health care magic ,for any of you health queries in future!I would be happy to help you.
Wishing you speedy recovery .
I would request you to grade the answer before you close it.
With best compliments!
Viral/ allergic/ infective problem. Can start at sea beach or else where.
Thank you for your query, never mind for being early... you are welcome to ask a health query whenever you have one on healthcare magic platform.
You ankle & foot issue were due to local stress to the parts while you had a walk on sand y area of sea beach... & the symptoms were exaggerated due to your health status.( which you have to evaluate & get specific treatment with a
doctor's help, as has been advised before
Now , you have cold & cough ...which may or may not be connected to your sea beach trip.It can be viral/ allergic/infective in origin.
- It can follow the strong wind with cold or hot temperature...to which you might have been exposed while sea beach trip/ dust in the atmosphere causing allergic cold & cough.This can be viral or allergic in origin.
- Alternatively you might have exposed to allergens other than above( edible or external allergens ) leading to the symptoms
- Might be you have come in contact with a person having upper respiratory infection..& caught one.
*Management- If you don't have fever.. you can take anti allergic /decongestant pill over the counter ( like Sinarest 1 pill two times after food ).In addition,
- Personal care like avoiding exposure to allergen/ vapor inhalation & saline gargles / avoiding sour, cold or fried food/ drinking lot of warm water would help to take care of viral or simple allergic cold & cough
- Good control of diabetes is essential to have quick control on any health problem as well as avoid frequent health problems
*Doctor's advise- In case there is no relief within 5 days / if you start having fever/ if nasal discharge or sputum turn yellow or green/ start getting symptom like breathlessness ..You need antibiotic & should consult your family doctor for prescribing suitable antibiotic.
I hope that answers your query,any follow up query is welcome,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for swollen foot
- Suggest treatment for sprained ankle
- Suggest treatment for ocd treatment
- Eyes are red and painful suggest treatment
- Suggest treatment for ankle fracture
- Treatment for red rash above swollen foot and ankle
- What is the treatment for sore red dots on ankle
- Suggest treatment for ankle injury
- Suggest treatment for ankle pain
- Suggest treatment for redness and buring in eyes