Suggest treatment for redness and itching on the penis

Dr. Sandip Kabra

Posted on Mon, 29 Aug 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: THe inner foreskin of my penis very red . and itchy !!! and gets more red and itches a lot while i masturbate.. !! i am applying KETOCONAZOLE cream but it doesn't help .. i am suffering extreme irritation . I also tryed applying yogurt , bathed in water with apple cider and salt in it , tried borolene , coconut oil castor oil . but nothing works kindly suggest medication to be applied locally and taken orally
Answered by Dr. Sandip Kabra 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Provide pictures with more information.

Detailed Answer:
Welcome to HCM,

Red itchy inner foreskin could be due to bacterial infection or it could be also be a eczema which needs to be ruled out by clinical inspection apart from just thinking about fungal infection.

So,I will need to look at the head penis to check whether there is fungal infection or something else as you have already tried anti-fungal cream without much relief. There is an option to upload pictures on this page. You can utilize it.

And also before proceeding further,I would like to know,

Is there any pain or burning over the glans or at foreskin?
Do you use condom during masturbation?

Kindly get back to me with more information and the pictures of penis head.

Dr.Sandip Kabra

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Veerisetty Shyamkumar