Suggest treatment for rashes on skin, sore throat after treating TB

Posted on Fri, 12 Jun 2015 in Infections
Question: Hello Doctor, have a query regarding my health. In 2011 suffered from Tuberculosis , i had taken complete 6 months medicine and got tested by doctor,During that time dc had told me HIV may also be one of the reason for TB however from my case I dont see any possibility of getting the infection. But now from few days I get rashes on skin and kind of soar throat is there . Not sure what I need to do and whom I have to contact to. Do I need to undergo the tests again? Need your suggestion
Answered by Dr. Heera Lal Poonia 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
meet ENT specialist

Detailed Answer:
Dear XXXXXXX welcome to HCM and thanks for choosing us.

I understand your concerns about your illness. Tuberculosis is a most common infection in advanced HIV patients , so your doctor was right but if you are from a tropical country like XXXXXXX you can get tuberculosis without HIV too. Morever it is very difficult to treat tuberculosis in HIV patient. So if you have recovered well, you are unlikely to have HIV. However if you have any doubt about HIV , please go for screening test. HIV screening is available at several laboratories today. Do the test and remove the doubt.

However if you had done it earlier and if it was negative, no need to do it again unless you have involved in activities from which you can get HIV infection during this period.

Regarding current illness. Sore throat and rashes indicate viral infection with possibly superimposed bacterial infections. Please visit your ENT doctor for examination and treatment. You will require antibiotics, decongestants and saline gargles.

I hope my reply will help you. Please write to us for follow up queries. Thanks
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. Heera Lal Poonia