Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
180 Doctors are Online

Suggest treatment for radiating back pain

User rating for this question
Very Good
Answered by

Practicing since : 1999
Answered : 517 Questions
hello i have a back pain for 2 weeks now and its getting worse now it gives me trouble to stand up or walk the pain is located from the ending of my rib cage to my tail bone but from the back if i sit for a while my legs start to numb up the best way to be comfortable is laying down. i was diagnosrewith rumo aryhritis in my spine 4 years ago can u help me pkease?
Posted Tue, 12 Aug 2014 in Back Pain
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
need an xray pelvis

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query

I am Dr. Alok and very pleased to be assisting you with your health questions today.

rheumatoid arthritis is very rarely affects in spine except in cervical spine.

It may be radiculopathy or apondyloarthritis. You need to get an XRay of pelvis, and ESR to confirm it

Hope this helps and provides answers to your question.
If you have any further queries, please don’t hesitate to ask me again
I wish you good health, take care
--Dr. Alok
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for radiating back pain 6 minutes later
so do you think is a dangerous matter?
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 7 hours later
Brief Answer:

Detailed Answer:
uncontrolled arthritis can lead to deformity and early cardiovascular risk like heart attack. So, it requires early and effective treatment.

Take care
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+

The user accepted the expert's answer

Ask an Orthopaedic Surgeon

© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor