Suggest treatment for radiating back pain

Dr. Alokkalyani

Rheumatologist

Posted on Tue, 12 Aug 2014 in Back Pain
Question: hello i have a back pain for 2 weeks now and its getting worse now it gives me trouble to stand up or walk the pain is located from the ending of my rib cage to my tail bone but from the back if i sit for a while my legs start to numb up the best way to be comfortable is laying down. i was diagnosrewith rumo aryhritis in my spine 4 years ago can u help me pkease?
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
need an xray pelvis

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for the query

I am Dr. Alok and very pleased to be assisting you with your health questions today.

rheumatoid arthritis is very rarely affects in spine except in cervical spine.

It may be radiculopathy or apondyloarthritis. You need to get an XRay of pelvis, and ESR to confirm it

Hope this helps and provides answers to your question.
If you have any further queries, please don’t hesitate to ask me again
I wish you good health, take care
--Dr. Alok
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Alokkalyani 6 minutes later
so do you think is a dangerous matter?
Answered by Dr. Alokkalyani 7 hours later
Brief Answer:
yes

Detailed Answer:
hi
uncontrolled arthritis can lead to deformity and early cardiovascular risk like heart attack. So, it requires early and effective treatment.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari