Suggest treatment for polycystic ovarian syndrome
Treatment is according to the symptoms.
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
Polycystic ovarian syndrome is caused by a derangement in the action of insulin, a hormone that controls blood sugar. There is no cure to this as it seems to stem from genetic origin. All treatments are aimed at reducing the symptoms it causes ( anovulation, acne, excess body hair ) and also to prevent long term complications ( endometrial hyperplasia, heart disease, diabetes, cholesterol problems ) arising out of this.
Treatment includes lifestyle modification in which weight reduction and diet plays an important role.
Metformin drug is widely used for the treatment of PCOD but should not be taken without doctor's guidance.
Low dose oral contarceptives and progesterone are also given for menstrual irregularities.
ovulation induction drugs are given for infertility.
Some doctor's prefer laparoscopic ovarian drilling but chances of adhesions are there.
For hirsuitism laser , waxing or chemical depilation can be done.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Wishing you good health.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Qlaira treatment polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome dydrogesterone
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome mercilon
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome and psychosis
- What is the treatment of bilateral polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome and migraines
- Unani treatments for polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Treatment and cure for polycystic ovarian syndrome
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome symptoms and treatment
- Polycystic ovarian syndrome treatment diet