Suggest treatment for pleurisy in lungs

Dr. Rahul Kumar

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 6 Oct 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: Hi I've had many health problems of the years! My 39 male! My grandmother had scleroderma, my dads side plus my dad has pernicious anemia and my mums sister had rheumatoid arthritis! I have been diagnosed with pleurisy with both lungs being inflamed at the same time and o believe I've had this more than just a few times! The question I want to know is these stretch marks that I have! I have one on the arm going to the chest the other is on my side going round to my lower back but there's been a change in this one, not only to I get pain from it the skin is ice cold to touch! The stretch mark has changed colour at the top of it plus there lots of blood spots from it! I could send you a picture of this before and after this appeared!A change in temperature makes matters worse! Please could you help!
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 10 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Photograph required

Detailed Answer:
Hello
We are here to help you.
Stretch marks usually happen due to breakage of collagen fibres in skin.
Can you please upload a photograph of the involved area.
This will help me in giving a closer diagnosis and better way of management.
Waiting for your response.
Thanks.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 50 minutes later
Servere pain comes from the stretch mark! I have pain all over my body including my organs! When change in temperature from hot to cold is when I have problems! It always starts with the skin on tips of fingers and toes stinging like glass is stuck in the skin plus the cuticles of the nails hurt as well! Then my breathing gets heavy and breathless! Tingling pins and needles up and down the body! I've had a positive ANA test plus twice I've had thyroid peroxidase shown up in the blood! I've sent you a picture of the stretch mark! I have theses symptoms on and off! My stretch was clear of those blood spots 24 hours ago but after having the symptoms I've discribed to you above last night, the blood spots have appeared and the pain from the stretch mark is very painful and the skin around the stretch mark is ice cold to touch! I hope this information helps?
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 10 hours later
Brief Answer:
Scleroderma

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Thanks for the follow up and photograph.
Probably you have developed scleroderma.
These stretch marks are localised form of scleroderma known as morphea.
Uaually these stretch marks are painless but can be painful.
You need treatment with immunomodulators like methotrexate.
A skin biopsy might be required to confirm the diagnosis.
Meet a doctor and get investigated.
Let me know if you have any other doubts.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Rahul Kumar 11 hours later
Thank you Dr for your help! I've uploaded of the stretch mark on my right arm which has got bigger over the years, sometimes it hurts like a got a dead arm feeling! The other one is on my forehead which causes tingling plus pain and now there's another one developing about an inch from the one shown and is going more diagonally towards the one I've shown you and it also causes pain plus the tingling but you can only feel it so I can't take a photo of it to show you! I also get what looks like white heads appearing all over the scalp on and off! Does any of these photo go hand in hand with scleroderma?
Answered by Dr. Rahul Kumar 17 hours later
Brief Answer:
Scleroderma

Detailed Answer:
Hello
Yes such varying skin involvement like redness, pain develooment of stretch marks is seen in early stages of scleroderma.
Please meet a doctor and get a skin biopsy done.
Thank you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana