What causes mild swelling in the face post a ultherapy?

Dr. Kakkar S.

Dermatologist

Posted on Mon, 20 Nov 2017 in Sun Burn
Question: I am 37 year old male. I had ULTHERAPY done on my full face and jawline one month before. I am having no side effects after this.There was mild swelling initially but it went away within few days.Now I am perfectly Okay and waiting for results,which Dr says will be visble in 3 months.
My concern is that I have read several reviews on internet which says ULTHERAPY causes fat loss which leads to volume loss on face.And face looks aged and hollow.Is this true ? kindly answer
Answered by Dr. Kakkar S. 43 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Ultherapy is safe, effective and without side effects in experienced hands

Detailed Answer:
Hello. Thank you for writing to us.

I am D. kakkar(Dermatologist and Venereologist). I have noted your concern.

Ultherapy is an approved treatment for non surgical face lift. Its mode of action is to stimulate of synthesis of new collagen and thus gradually induce skin tightening and reverse fine lines and wrinkles (providing a lifting effect to face)... It should not cause any side effects like fat loss or hollow face if performed correctly by a certified technician. Rarely, however, either delivering too much heat/ energy or delivering uneven heat/ energy may cause fat loss or uneven fat loss, specially in those inexperienced with the device.