Suggest remedies for arthritis

Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil

Posted on Wed, 29 Nov 2017 in Bones, Muscles and Joints
Question: My question is what kind of collagen either in liquid or powder form is best to increase collagen on the cellular level if bone is rubbing on bone and arthritis has set in inbetween some degenerative disks in my mom's lower back. I would like to add it to a smoothy with turmeric, coconut oil, vegan protein powder, frozen fruit, unsweetened soy milk and water. Epidural pain medication hasn't helped. She has had two epidurals. She has Tamidol and Hydrocodone but doesn't like to take it unless the pain is excruciating. She also has CKD and is close to needing Kidney dialysis so we don't want her kidneys to be damaged any more with meds. Is there any holistic treatment or exercises that would help her. Physical therapy isn't working any better than using the resistance machines at the gym. Tens therapy didn't do much either. I would be willing to pay aspecialist's advice if need be. Thanks for your help. XXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXX
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Sodium hyaluronate

Detailed Answer:
Hello and welcome

I appreciate your concern

Sodium hyaluronate (Hyalgan) has been used with some benefit by increasing the shock absorption of articular cartilage. There is no specific collagen supplement that has shown to reverse or halt these degenerative changes or provide symptomatic relief in both the long and short term.

It is an option which can be utilised in consultation with your doctor.

let me know if you have any query

wishing you best of health

Thanks
Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 9 hours later
My internet isn’t working therefore I can’t get on the Web at this time either to submit question from that site. Sorry but I need to use Gmail for right now.
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Sareer Khalil 18 hours later
Brief Answer:
Customer care

Detailed Answer:
Hello again

You may text this problem at YYYY@YYYY and ask for support.

Thanks