Suggest treatment for osteoarthritis of the knee
I am male aged 45 yrs vegetarian. I am doing a Central Government job. My life is sedentary one.
MY PROBLEM IS SINCE ONE YEAR OSTEOARTHRITIS DEVELOPED IN THE KNEES. DOCTOR HAS SUGGESTED FOR X-RAY AND MRI. IN THIS IT IS FOUND OUT THAT CARTILAGE DAMAGED ON BOTH KNEES.
DOCTOR I HAVE GONE THROUGH ALL SITES AND MANY PEOPLE THAT CARTILAGE CANNOT BE REPAIRED THE ONLY SOLUTION IS SURGERY BUT DOCTORS SUGGESTING ONLY SURGERY WILL BE DON E AFTER 60 YEARS.
NOW KNEE PAIN IS UNBEARABLE. I AM 172 CM AND HAVING 78 KGS GOOD LOOKING PERSONALITY.
DOCTOR I HAVE LOT OF PAIN IN BOTH KNEE PANS. I CANT WALK LONG DISTANCES AND LOT OF PROBLEMS ARE THERE. I KNOW I AM TAKING LOT OF CARE ABOUT LEGS. I AM DOING PHYSIOTHERAPY ALSO. BUT THERE IS NO IMPROVEMENT.
DOCTOR KINDLY SUGGEST THE EXACT MEDICINES SO THAT I CAN ATLEAST MANAGE MY PROBLEM.
KINDLY SUGGEST MEDICINES FOR
1) PAIN KILLER FOR BOTH KNEES
2) DEVELOPMENT OF CARTILAGE
3) DEVELOPMENT OF FLUID
4) DEVELOPMENT OF BONES ETC.
KINDLY RECTIFY MY PROBLEM DOCTOR.
PRESENTLY I AM APPLYING OILS, DOING PHYSIOTHERAPHY, HOT AND COLD PACKS, PAIN KILLER [FLEXURA D], CARTFIT ETC. KINDLY SUGGEST EXACT MEDICINES SO THAT I CAN OVERCOME THIS PROBLEM. ALSO PLEASE DO NOT SUGGEST INJECTIONS.
Please see below
Hi, I am Dr Gopal Goel ,Orthopedic Surgeon.
I have gone through your details. In my opinion you are suffering from Osteoarthritis of the knee and as per MRI there is cartilage loss as well.
In any case of Osteoarthritis Cartilage loss is the first sign of joint damage- so there is nothing surprising about MRI finding.
I would suggest the following in only general terms since prescriptions are not given in this forum.
1. Quadriceps exercises- to be taught by a physiotherapist).
2. Pain killers SOS only and not on regular basis.
3. Cartilage protective and rebuilding drugs like Collagen powder or pre collagen capsules.
4. Intra-articular injections of PRP which are useful at this stage( these are different injections then you may have presumed as steroids)
These would be my general guidelines unless I have examined you and seen your reports personally.
Thanx for the question .
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for foot osteoarthritis
- Suggest treatment for osteoarthritis
- Osteoarthritis treatment new injection
- Suggest pain relief for osteoarthritis knee
- Suggest treatment for osteoarthritis of the knee
- Treatment and cure for lumbar osteoarthritis
- Treatment and cure for bilateral knee osteoarthritis
- Treatment and cure for knee osteoarthritis
- Knee and heel pain x ray confirms early osteoarthritis treatment
- Osteoarthritis knee treatment in manthena method
- Suggest treatment for electric pulsation sensation near the shoulder blade
- What causes swelling and bruising in the knee after a fall?
- What does the following knee MRI report indicate?
- Is intramedullary nailing an effective treatment for displaced tibial...
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the thighs
- Suggest treatment for swelling and numbness in the finger after injury
- What causes severe leg weakness and increased BP while on Amlodipine?
- Suggest treatment for swelling and bruising on top of the foot
- Suggest treatment for severe pain and muscle weakness
- What do these following MRI findings indicate?