Suggest treatment for painful bumps under armpits

Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf

Posted on Mon, 26 Oct 2015 in General Health
Question: I have small painful bumps under my armpits (worse and more on the left side) I also have small red dots by my right arm pit and now around my abdomen-tired-possible low grade fever on and off
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 11 minutes later
Brief Answer:
need some details to guide you better

Detailed Answer:
Hello

My name is Dr Muhammad Ali Rauf & i will look into your problem.

I have gone through your query and would try to help you in the best possible way. There could be a number of causes for your complaint. I would be in a better position to guide you if you answer following questions please:

1. since when are you having this problem?
2. did it start after taking some particular food or after going to bed?
3. can you share a clear close image of the bum & red dot?
4. is overlying skin hot & painful to touch?
5. do you or anyone in the family has diabetes, hypertension, cancer or any other illness?
6. are you on any medication?
7. is there any history of itch?
8. is anyone else in the family also having similar complaint?

I will be looking forward for the answers to conclude the discussion in the best interest of yours.
Thank You
Follow up: Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 44 hours later
It started Oct.3rd got worse by the 5th-
did not eat anything different-
the small lumps in the left armpit are very tender and appear bruised and yes feel warm to the touch. The red dots on my abdomen are non descript - 8 on the left side 3 on the right. nothing itches.
No history in family of diabetes-hypertention-or cancer
I do have a cold with a bad cough- and recently was put on Bactrim for a UTI-
No other family member is sick
Answered by Dr. Muhammad Ali Rauf 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Most probably abscess formation

Detailed Answer:
Hello

Thank you for getting back with the answers. I have gone through them. The symptoms are suggestive of ongoing infection which resulted in spread to axillary lymph nodes. There is probably abscess formation. I would suggest you to once visit hospital and get it examined by a surgeon. He will examine it and may order some investigations including CBC & ultrasound of that area. If confirmed infection then most probably he will admit you and give i/v antibiotic management for quick and smooth recovery.

Hope I have answered your query. If you have any further questions I will be happy to help if not then don't forget to close the discussion and rate it.
Wishing you good health !!