What causes constant nausea and vomiting despite taking medication?

Excellent

Question
My wife has severe nausea/vomiting since Tues. Went to ER on Wednesday and they released her with a prescription for antibiotics and anti-nausea. The nausea medicine seems to make no impact. Also has diarrhea since 14 Oct.
Fri, 11 May 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 51 minutes later
Brief Answer:
What was the diagnosis?

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks so much for this query.

I will like to know what the diagnosis was. With such an elevated blood pressure, there is need for her to be reviewed by her doctor. I will need to see this addressed accordingly. The severe nausea and vomiting are signs of increased pressure in the head especially when vomiting is projectile in nature. Is she having any headaches as well?

In the interim, she should drink much fluids and get much rest.

I hope this guides and helps. I wish you well. Feel free to follow up with me if need be.

Follow-up: What causes constant nausea and vomiting despite taking medication? 23 hours later
Diagnosis was UTI. BP was listed as non hypertension.

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 35 hours later
Brief Answer:
Flagyl is not adapted!

Detailed Answer:

Flagyl is not good drug for UTI. I will suggest that the antibiotic be changed to Bactrim or Ciprofloxacin if she is not allergic to them. On another note, let her blood pressure be repeated as it is very strange to accept that she is not hypertensive with such high numbers.

I wish her well and keep m updated about her recovery process and current state.