What causes persistent redness around a cut wound after injury?
may need secondary suturing
Thank you for posting the question.
I have gone through your medical history in detail.
If the wound is completely red without much discharge,then it is definitely in a healing stage.You need not worry.
Even though your sugar levels are under control,still wound healing process is slow in diabetics as compared to normal individuals.
Moreover,the area above the ankle has very less subcutaneous muscle / fat.Due to this,the blood supply is less in this area causing delayed wound healing.
If the wound is red,then I would recommend you to consult a surgeon and get the wound edges stitched together so that the wound will heal within 8-10 days.
The medicines that you are taking are correct and you should continue to take them.You can add vitamin C and arginitric tablets to accelerate the healing process.
To be on the safer side,get an Xray of the affected part done to rule out the possibility of underlying osteomyelitis (infection of the bone underneath the wound)
Local application of bacitracin ointment will help.
I hope the answer was useful.
Feel free to ask me any follow up queries that you may have.
drugs are correct
Scab might hinder draining,yes,but this is true only about infected wounds draining pus.
Your wound is healthy and red,so it should not cause any problem.
The drugs you are taking are absolutely ok.No need to change untill we get Xray done.
Mupirocin is similar to Bacitracin.
If possible,upload a photograph of the wound here so that i can get a clear idea.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes persistent pain due to nerve injury
- What causes headache and light headedness after an injury
- What causes an itchy rasied scar after an injury
- What causes nose bleeding after head injury
- What is the cause for groin soreness after an injury
- What could cause instability after an heady injury
- Small red injury causes
- What is the cause of fever after an injury
- What causes pain in tailbone after an injury
- What is the cause of arm soreness after previous injury
- Suggest treatment for pain and swelling in the middle fingers
- Suggest treatment for severe muscular and joints pain
- Suggest treatment for severe pain and swelling in the leg
- Suggest treatment for left shoulder pain in an elderly person
- Suggest treatment for chronic pain in the legs when diagnosed with CMT
- Suggest treatment for severe shoulder pain
- What causes shortness of breath and constant back pain?
- Suggest treatment for foot stress fracture
- Suggest treatment for pain and swelling in the right ankle
- What causes twinging pain post intake of Mobic?