Suggest treatment for oral thrush
steroids don't help in thrush
Thanks for your query.
I assume that you are concerned regarding thrush. It is a fungal infection. Steroids like clobetasol or triamcinolone are not going to help it, only will make it worse. Best is to use clotrimazole mouth paint.
If required, oral fluconazole may be needed. But since it is persisting for so long, have we excluded other diagnoses? And any underlying immune deficiency has been excluded or not (like diabetes)?
Hope this helps
It is difficult to eat...I have avoided spicy, salty, hard foods for a year or so...other than being painful, can what you eat make things worse? As I am always thirsty I drink lots of water...lots! Eat lots of dairy products, eggs.
Do steroids damage skin by causing skin to thin? If so, will this damage repair itself in time?
yes steroids can damage
Steroids cause immunosuppression and further worsen thrush. Also thins out skin on prolonged usage. This improves with time.
What does the biopsy show? If it shows some autoimmune disease then steroids can help.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment and cure for candidal oral thrush
- Over the counter treatment for oral thrush
- Treatment and cure for oral thrush infection
- Is mycostatin pastilles used in the treatment of oral thrush?
- Baby oral thrush treatment
- Treatment and cure for leukoplakia, oral thrush
- Oral thrush treatment for men
- Treatment and cure for oral thrush
- Treatments for oral thrush
- Oral thrush treatment for adults
- What could a lump in my back be?
- Should chemotherapy be given to a person in final stage of nasopharngeal...
- Sex with sex worker, HPV scare, cancer in men. Test in detect HPV in men ?
- Is atopic dermatitis associated with leukemia ?
- Which tumour markers are used to follow up breast cancer patients?
- How do I know if papillary thyroid cancer has recurred?
- Protruding coronal suture, skull x-ray. Cancer due to radiation?
- How can linitis plastica be treated?
- CA Breast, chemotherapy, CT scan, pulmonary embolism, on acitrom,...
- Can breast cancer spread to thyroid?