Suggest treatment for oral thrush and strep throat

Posted on Tue, 17 Apr 2018 in Ear, Nose and Throat Problems
Question: I have had three rounds of antibiotics in the last month and 1/2. 1st because of an fractured tooth that was infected, then pulled. Still had infection in gums so had a 2nd round. Then developed thrush and strep throat and finished with a z-pack. Now i seem to have some reaction going on with my eyes. They are swollen, both eyelids and under and itchy with a little redness. I am not using anything new that would cause this, benedryl is not helping. this has been going on for almost a week. looks really bad.
Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 30 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Eye infection

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Welcome to health care Magic and thanks for putting up the query.
You are probably having conjunctivitis. Please send me the picture of your eyes or tell em is there any sticky discharge in the eyes?
Any redness in the eyes?
Any photophobia?
Don't rub your eyes. It is advisable to consult an ophthalmologist.
Wash the eyes with clean water. Put ciprofloxacin eye drops. Take tablet cetrizine 10 mg once. It is an anti allergic.
All the medicines I have prescribed will be available only on prescription.
Follow up with the required information so that I can suggest you better.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad
Follow up: Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 58 minutes later
It is only coming out from the outside. no redness or anything coming out from the eye itself. just seems to be filled with fluid and causing sagging and deep creases. Just a little itchiness.
I have not gotten a reply to my last sumit!

Answered by Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal 9 hours later
Brief Answer:
Eye swelling

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for the information.
From the complaints, it seems to be either an allergic reaction or conjunctivitis.
You should take the medicines as prescribed, it will help in some symptoms relief but you should definitely get yourself examined by an ophthalmologist.
Any further questions are always welcome.
Thanks and regards
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Dr. Priyanka Aggarwal

ENT Specialist