Suggest treatment for numbness in the vagina and loss of libido

Dr. Rakhi Tayal

OBGYN

Posted on Fri, 26 Aug 2016 in Women's Health
Question: I am experiencing numbness in my clitoris and vagina area and not being able to feel aroused for about a week now. I am 45yrs old and have never had a problem with this until this week. Even going to pee I don't get that sudden urgency feeling of being relieved. I am healthy and don't take any medications other than vitamins. I am able to have an orgasm but just don't get the arousal feeling before hand.
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Nerve related cause likely.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for trusting us with your health concern.
The numbness in the area that you have developed recently can be related to mild nerve root compression at the level of lower lumbar spine or due to methylcoblamin deficiency. Other nerve related causes like atherosclerosis and diabetes also ned to be ruled out after a detailed examination and investigations. It is best to get yourself evaluated by a neurologist . Do start taking methylcobalamin supplements till then.
Please feel free to discuss further. I will be glad to answer the follow up queries that you have.
Regards.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal.
For future query, you can directly approach me through my profile URL http://bit.ly/Dr-Rakhi-Tayal

Follow up: Dr. Rakhi Tayal 51 minutes later
Is it a permanent issue or can it be treated?
Answered by Dr. Rakhi Tayal 6 hours later
Brief Answer:
Can be treated.

Detailed Answer:
Hello.
Thanks for writing again.
It can be due to aging. It can be treated but we can definitely retard its further progress with medicines.
Hope my answer is helpful.
Do accept my answer in case there are no further queries.
Regards.