• question-icon

Suggest treatment for neck stiffness and headaches

Posted on Sat, 12 Aug 2017 in Back Pain
Question: I have a stiff neck because maybe of cerivcal bulge and it cause me headache , how can you treat this condition ?
Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Start painkillers, muscle relaxants and physio.

Detailed Answer:
Hi I am Dr Gopal Goel Orthopedic Surgeon.
Normally Headache is not due to cervical bulge , except when it is in posterior part or on sides. Stiff neck is a common problem , esp in cervical bulge. In my practice I treat all my patients with pain killers ,muscle relaxants and physiotherapy. Neck Exercises to increase the muscle strength is the main modality to prevent recurrence.
The medicines are required for 1-2 weeks then only physio and exercises are generally sufficient.
Thanx for the question. Please feel free to ask any other question.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Gopal Goel 4 hours later
I have a cervical spondylosis and it cause me headaches and irritation , how can i treat this issue for once and for all ???
Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 38 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Precautions and regular exercises can prevent recurrecnce.

Detailed Answer:
hi
You are 30 yrs old and at this age it is very difficult to have cervical spondylosis. What you will have is neck pain ,could be postural or slipped disc.
There is nothing called " once and for all" treatment in this condition. Once you are relieved of your symptoms , then you will have to take precautions ( like postural adjustments and avoiding excessive strain on neck) and regular exercises ( to keep neck muscles strong and flexible).
Thanx for the question.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Yogesh D
Follow up: Dr. Gopal Goel 6 hours later
I took glucomane sulfate and its works very well but i have asthma , do you recommend i take it ?
Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 6 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No idea what is glucomane sulfate .

Detailed Answer:
Hi I have no idea what is glucomane sulfate as pain killer. I know only glucosamine sulfate ,being used for knee osteoarthritis and is not a pain killer, only as joint modifying agent.
Thanx
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Nagamani Ng
Follow up: Dr. Gopal Goel 36 minutes later
I mean as a supplement , is it useful ?
Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 3 minutes later
Brief Answer:
No

Detailed Answer:
In my opinion no since I have stopped prescribing this drug nearly 5 yrs ago.
Thanks

Dr. Gopal Goel

Orthopaedic Surgeon