What causes back spasms while on Flexeril?

Dr. Noble Zachariah

Posted on Thu, 9 Nov 2017 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: Can I safely take more than 50 mg of flexeri with my 10 mg ambient and 75mg lyric.I'm having back spasms and can't get comfortable to sleep. I also took 2 aspirin. I used a hearing pad and now using ice pack but still having spasms. I weigh 210 pounds and am 5foot 11 inches tall
I have degenerative disc disease and a partially slipped disc which usually doesn't bother me much
Answered by Dr. Noble Zachariah 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Yes

Detailed Answer:
Welcome and thanks for your query.
There's no adverse interaction between the 3.
However they induce sleep in most people and you may over sleep. Also don't do anything dangerous as you may not be very alert.
Do get back to me if you have further questions.
Follow up: Dr. Noble Zachariah 5 hours later
My question was if I could take 2 flexeril pills with the other medications. I didn't sleep well last night even after taking another half of a 50mg flexeril.Can I take 2 50mg Flexeril pills in the daytime also
Answered by Dr. Noble Zachariah 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
discussion continues

Detailed Answer:
Please check the strength of the Flexeril tablet. The usual strength is 5 mg. If that is so then 2 tablets during day time is ok if you are going to rest at home. If it is pain that is not preventing your sleep, then take ibuprofen or any other anti inflammatory analgesic in addition.
Be careful as your other medicines also produce sedation.

Follow up: Dr. Noble Zachariah 1 hour later
Flexoril is 10mg and I do not take other meds except snails in the daytime
Answered by Dr. Noble Zachariah 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Discussion continued

Detailed Answer:
You can take up to 10 mg three times a day which is the maximum recommended dose. This along with the other medicines normally make people very sedated. In such a condition it is dangerous to drive or engage in any other activity which needs one to be alert.