What causes pain in the left leg?
This is sciatica ,may be due to disc prolapse( slipped disc).
Hi I am Dr Gopal Goel Orthopedic Surgeon.
After going through your brief history , I think that you are suffering from acute sciatica due to slipped disc .
My suggestion for such kind patients with this pain is strong pain killers with muscle relaxants. Use ice packs on the back for a day or two. It can be followed by heat therapy after two days for pain relief. I completely advise bed rest for 2 days till acute pain is present. Do not lift any heavy weight , and avoid forward bending and prolonged sitting in future.
If there is no reasonable relief in 2-3 days then I would like to get MRI of lower back for my patients in the clinic.
I hope this helps you. Please feel free to ask any other question.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What causes pain in legs and joints
- What causes pain in fingers and legs
- What causes pain insise the upper left leg
- What causes pain and swelling in legs
- What is the cause of intense pain in legs
- What causes leg pain and acidity
- What causes shooting pain in leg
- What is the cause and treatment for leg pain
- What causes dull achy pain in the left leg
- What causes leg pain at night
- Suggest treatment for electric pulsation sensation near the shoulder blade
- What causes swelling and bruising in the knee after a fall?
- What does the following knee MRI report indicate?
- Is intramedullary nailing an effective treatment for displaced tibial...
- Suggest treatment for severe pain in the thighs
- Suggest treatment for swelling and numbness in the finger after injury
- What causes severe leg weakness and increased BP while on Amlodipine?
- Suggest treatment for swelling and bruising on top of the foot
- Suggest treatment for severe pain and muscle weakness
- What do these following MRI findings indicate?