What causes pain in the left leg?

Dr. Gopal Goel

Orthopaedic Surgeon

Posted on Wed, 25 Oct 2017 in Back Pain
Question: Good morning, since yesterday I am having severe pain in my left leg feet. with that a unbearable pain in my back. please suggest me the what to do.
Answered by Dr. Gopal Goel 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
This is sciatica ,may be due to disc prolapse( slipped disc).

Detailed Answer:
Hi I am Dr Gopal Goel Orthopedic Surgeon.
After going through your brief history , I think that you are suffering from acute sciatica due to slipped disc .
My suggestion for such kind patients with this pain is strong pain killers with muscle relaxants. Use ice packs on the back for a day or two. It can be followed by heat therapy after two days for pain relief. I completely advise bed rest for 2 days till acute pain is present. Do not lift any heavy weight , and avoid forward bending and prolonged sitting in future.
If there is no reasonable relief in 2-3 days then I would like to get MRI of lower back for my patients in the clinic.
I hope this helps you. Please feel free to ask any other question.