Suggest treatment for multiple gallstones
Please suggest how can we treat gallstones, is surgery the only way, are there any complications?
Treatment for the multiple gall stones is surgery.
Hi XXXX! Good afternoon. I am Dr Shareef answering your query.
Although your LFT shows high enzymes, it is not in the alarming level, and this could have been due to your occasional intake of alcohol. Once you leave the alcohol completely, this might come down to normal. In the present state, this abnormality in the LFT might not be due the gall stones. Ofcourse, this has to be monitored very closely.
You might not become happy to know that treatment for the gallstones especially if multiple is surgery and only surgery. Now a days, the technique of laparoscopic/robotic surgery has improved so much so that complications arising out of this surgery has come down to minimal in expert hands. However, if multiple gall stones are left inside, one small one could slip into the common bile duct and create further unwarranted complications Therefore, I would advise you to consult a laparoscopic/robotic surgeon in your area who after a detailed clinical examination could explain in detail to you about the management and surgical plans for the same.
I hope this information would help you in discussing with your family physician/treating doctor in further management of your problem. Please do not hesitate to ask in case of any further doubts.
Thanks for choosing health care magic to clear doubts on your health problems. I wish you an early recovery. Dr Shareef.
Active exercises with some diet modifications might help.
Hi XXXX! Good evening. Nice to hear from you soon.
Yes, you could wait for 4-5 months for surgery. There is no such emergency unless you get an attack of acute abdominal pain.
There is no 100% proven way of preventing formation of gall stones. As most of the gall stones are cholesterol gall stone, it is better to avoid high fat diet, and gradually reduce your weight if you are overweight. Some research has pointed to the fact that consumption of olive oil might reduce your chances of developing gall stones. In short, go for a high fibre, low carbohydrate and low fat diet. Indulge in active exercise programme to remain fit, which might also help you in managing your weight which would indirectly keep gall stones further from you.
There are some drugs available in the market to dissolve the already formed gall stones, but they have got their own problematic side effects in some. For this, you have to consult your family physician or your surgeon.
I hope I have answered your query on gall stones. In case of any further doubt, please feel free to ask. Thanks and good luck.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- What treatment do you suggest for gallstones
- Treatment and cure for gallstone
- Gallstones with biliary colic treatment
- Treatment for gallstone pain
- Multiple gallstones treatment
- Treatment of 16mm gallstone
- Sugges treatment for gallstone removal
- Kottakkal treatment for gallstones
- Laser treatment for gallstones
- Treatment and cure for incidental gallstones
- Having COPD. Tired and weak. Medical cure for this?
- Could not remember words and password as though everything is erased...
- Having abdominal pain. Colonoscopy and ultrasound were normal. Endoscopy...
- Itching on foreskin and soreness of glans. Using canesten ointment. Any...
- Bloating and abdominal discomfort due to bowel section. Taking coloxyl,...
- Itching in anus and rash on buttocks. Suggest treatment
- Have constant headache and diagnosed with allergies. Took allegra. Pain...
- What is the treatment for lower abdominal pain?
- Having diarrhea and passes ball segments. What could be this?
- Taking antibiotics for typhoid and still having fever. Is the antibiotic...