Suggest treatment for loss of appetite and viral infection
My son is 5 months old , 4 days back he got fever , after recovering from fever , baby is not drinking milk as easily as earlier , preferably from bottle , also lots of struggles in breast feeding the baby .
Baby also cry more often and seems inactive as compared to day before fever .
Urine test carried out today and analysis are :-
Urine colour :- Pale yellow
Transparency :- Slightly turbid
Sendiment :- NIL
Reaction :- Alkaline
Protein :- Traces
Glucose :- NIL
Epithelial cells :- 1-2
Pus cells :- 0-2
Please suggest what may b the reason for baby not drinking milk and crying often ?
This is normal report - don't worry
Hi...I feel that you son is recovering form a viral illness. usually in viral illness there will be generalized body pains and these a 5 month old cannot express and that is the reason why they cry and refuse food and fluids too.
If the kid is active and playing around when there is no fever, it is probably viral illness and it doesn't require antibiotics at all. Once viral fever comes it will there for 4-7 days. So do not worry about duration if the kid is active.
Same is the case with the feeding too...if the kid is active and his usual self, you need not worry about his food intake.
Hope my answer was helpful for you. I am happy to help any time. Further clarifications and consultations on Health care magic are welcome. If you do not have any clarifications, you can close the discussion and rate the answer. Wish your kid good health.
Dr. Sumanth MBBS., DCH., DNB (Paed).,
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Natural treatment for viral infection
- Treatment and cure for recurrent viral infections
- Treatment for viral eye infection
- Viral throat infection treatment
- Treatment and cure for viral meningitis infection
- Treatment and cure for Viral infection
- Treatment and cure for papilloma viral infection
- Treatment and cure for childhood viral infections
- Treatment and cure for cmv viral infections
- What treatment is suggested for coughrunning nose and viral infection