• question-icon

Suggest treatment for less pressure while urinating

Posted on Wed, 2 Aug 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hello Doctor,
Iam 25 years old and unmarried from past one month I have been experiencing a lower strength in my penis (not in sexual way), for example when I urinate there's a lower pressure and my penis size has also shrinked.
whenever I urinate I'm experiencing a lower pressure and shrinked size is also giving me a type of stress.
Is this normal? why does this happen? please suggest me some medicines.
also I think my power to control urine or to hold on urine has also decreased.
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
It s normal!

Detailed Answer:

The size of the penis simply reflects our emotions. There is no reason to be worried. Sounding low as you just did is a good reason for the penis to stat tiny. If you were to be sexually aroused, for sure it will grow bigger and that’s okay.

In all, this is normal and needs no further medical attention.

I wish you well.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Follow up: Dr. Chobufo Ditah 20 hours later
But there are some other symptoms also , like - less pressure during urinating, earlier it was not there .
very shrinked size of penis all day long.
Earlier I used to experience erection early in the morning when I woke up, but I'm not experiencing it now.

all of this is making me stressed
Answered by Dr. Chobufo Ditah 25 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Let's see an endocrinologist for further evaluation!

Detailed Answer:

This raises concerns about possible hormonal imbalances. I will suggest that you see an endocrinologist for evaluation. More laboratory investigations would need to be done to better allow for proper diagnosis. I'd like to see the hormonal levels of testosterone, prolactin, and thyroid stimulating hormones evaluated. The initial tests would be guiding enough for further actions.

I can understand you are stressed. The best way to approach this making the diagnosis and managing well. Follow up and get these tests done so as to help us get this resolved as soon as possible.

I wish you well. Please keep me posted about this.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Chobufo Ditah