• question-icon

Suggest treatment for left sided abdominal pain

Posted on Thu, 10 Aug 2017 in Abdominal Pain
Question: I Have last2 days Left abdomenpain i check with doctor they told to takeFull blood test count & urinetest..My report came there is Monocytes range-01%,RBC-4.46Mill/cumm,PCV-34.9%,Total WBC-11800/CMM..PLEASE TELL WHAT IS THE RESULT OF VALUE.
Answered by Dr. T Chandrakant 52 minutes later
Brief Answer:
UTI - needs urine culture and proper management.

Detailed Answer:
Hi.
Noted the history and read the reports.
Pain in left side of abdomen, with pus cells and bacilli in urine test, raised white cell count all indicate that you are suffering from Urinary tract infection.
Other reports are not of much worry as monocyte is just below normal, RBC also just below normal, same for PCV that is packed cell volume.
most important is that you send the urine sample for culture and sensitivity so that proper antibiotic treatment can be started and continued till cure and as directed by your Doctor..
Also get an ultrasonography of the abdomen , particularly for genito-urinary system.
Drink plenty of oral fluids/water.
Your Doctor may give you supplements or dietary adjustments for improvement in RBC, PCV.

I hope this answers your query and helps you; please feel free to ask for further relevant queries if you feel that there is a gap of communication.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T
Dr. T Chandrakant

General Surgeon