• question-icon

Suggest treatment for kidney stones

Posted on Mon, 17 Jul 2017 in Urinary and Bladder Problems
Question: Hello Doc,

My relative had complain of stones in her kidney. She was being operated for the same a month back.After operation the doctor had inserted a stent also.

After few days of operation she had complain of pain in stomach.The pain in stomach is still continues since 15-20 days.
plz go through the attached reports and suggest.

xxxxx
Answered by Dr. P. T. Patil 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Could be due to UTI.

Detailed Answer:
hello
Thanks for query .

Your relative who was detected to have impacted stone in Rt upper ureter has undergone endoscopic surgery 2 months back and a D.J stent was placed in Rt renal unit after successful fragmentation of stone by laser energy .

Since her recent Ultrasound Scanning has been reported to be normal and assuming that the stent has been removed the pain she had now is most likely to be due to infection which commonly occurs due to liberation of bacteria situated in the (nedus) center of the stone or inflammation of ureter (Ureteritis) secondary to foreign body reaction to stent . I would suggest to get urine culture and sensitivity done to trace out organisms and their sensitivity pattern so that you can start taking appropriate antibiotic as per culture report .

Till then take anti inflammatory medication like Diclofenac and antibiotic like Ciprofloxacin twice daily .

Ensure she drinks more water .

Hope I have answered your query ,please feel free to ask if you have more questions,I shall be happy to help you
Thanks and Regards.
Dr.Patil.
Dr. P. T. Patil

Urologist