Suggest treatment for itchy scalp

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Dermatologist

Posted on Fri, 4 May 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have very itchy scalp that hurts when I comb my hair and lay down to sleep. What is it?
Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 26 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Seborrhoic dermatitis, ketoconazole shampoo, antihistaminic

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at Healthcaremagic
According to your complaints it seems to be seborrhoic dermatitis.
I would recommend you to use ketoconazole shampoo twice weekly and take antihistaminic like tablet cetrizine 10 mg once or twice daily depending on the intensity of itching.
Besides this use a steroid and anti fungal combination lotion like beclomethaone and clotrimazole lotion on the itchy areas of the scalp twice daily.
It is a prescription drug and you need to see the doctor in person to get it.
Dr Asmeet
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad