Suggest treatment for itchy rashes
Contact dermatitis, treat with calamine lotion and oral antihistamine drug.
Hello and thanks for your query.
I shall make an effort to provide you with good professional recommendations specific to your questions.
I have gone through the picture, it sorted that it is a contact dermatitis. It may be caused by the plant or by some insect.
I would suggest you to wash the area with like warm water, you mild soap like derma dew, do not run it. Allow it to try. You can use calamine lotion with alovera, which will provide soothing effect.
I would soonest you not to touch of scratch it as it may lead to secondary infection.
Along with it I would suggest you to take over the counter oral antihistamine like Diphenhydramine (Benadryl) or Cetirizine (Zyrtec), last one is less likely to produce drowsiness.
If the calamine lotion is not helping, you can use corticosteroid cream to get relief.
I would suggest you to follow the above measures, it should subside within week, in case of it persists or increases I suggest you to see doctor for further help.
Yet , again I duly appreciate your query to me, I do hope that have found something useful to help you and I shall be glad to answer any further apprehensions.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for recurrent itchy red skin rashes
- Suggest treatment for itchiness in head
- Suggest treatment and cause itchy rash on buttocks
- Suggest treatment for erythematous itchy rash on scalp
- Suggest treatment for itchy rash on midriffleg and back
- Suggest treatment for itchy skin
- Suggest treatment for itchiness on shins
- Red itchy rash in armpits suggest treatment
- Suggest treatment for rash on penis
- Suggest treatment for lump on buttocks with small itchy rash
- Positive pregnancy test, precautions taken during sex, delayed periods....
- Heart palpitations. prescribed beta blockers. on levothyroxine. history...
- Severe one sided headaches, nausea, blisters on face, neck. prescribed...
- Voice hoarseness, on HCG diet. Common side effect ?
- Have infection which is fatal to fetus, doctors recommend abortion....
- Left ovary contains avascular cyst with septum, no blood flow in septum....
- Child having high fever and headache. Taken motrin. Fever persisting....
- Itchiness in testicles, reddish coloration. on dermovate cream, worsened...
- Chest congestion and breathlessness. On Wysolone and Seroflo inhaler. No...
- Severe shoulder pain. Taking ibuprofen. MRI not needed. Physiotherapy...