Suggest treatment for itchy rashes on the arms while on Diclofenac sodium

Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan

Posted on Wed, 12 Oct 2016 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have been taking diclofenac sodium 50mg they about 2/3 months now. And over the 3 days have developed a red itchy rash over my arms and hands and legs. Could it be caused from this medication? It's the only thing new in my diet.
Answered by Dr. Shafi Ullah Khan 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Yes diclofenac likely

Detailed Answer:
Thank you for asking

I read your question and i understand your concern. Diclofenac can cause rash on the skin with chronic use of more than 14 days and yes it may be the likely cause for your itchy red rash. I would like you to discontinue diclofenac and use some alternative pain killer like tylenol, apply some topical corticosteroids or eczema cream over it and wait and see. If the issue persists talk to a dermatologist and let the help you further in this regard.

I hope it helps. take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.

Khan