Suggest treatment for itchy blisters on foot

Dr. Gaurav Katiyar

Posted on Sat, 30 Aug 2014 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: hi there can i get some ad tvice please. i have just returned from a holiday in the uk and i notice about a week or so ago a small red lump on my inner foot , it started to itch immensly and hasnt really stopped itching. i assumed i was bitten and applied some antiseptic spray . today after 8 days of itching i noticed there was a blood filled blister there. i burst this ( which i now now i shouldnt have ) and cleaned and spray with antiseptic again. My question is , should i do any more with this or just keep it clean. its no longer itching , but it was the most itchest thing iv ever experienced, drove me mad.
Answered by Dr. Gaurav Katiyar 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Picture of lesion will be helpful

Detailed Answer:

I have gone through your query.
Based upon your history and symptoms of the lesion, it is more likely a local reaction to some bite or anything else.

Since it has been 8 days and you burst the blister, there can be chance of infection.
Yes for now, you have to clean or dress it daily with betadine ointment. You can apply clindamycin ointment over it. If itch has subsided then no need of taking anti-histaminics.
A picture of the lesion is needed to help you more with it like further treatment or management. You can upload it with follow- up query.

Dr. G. Katiyar
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T