• question-icon

Suggest treatment for itching on the feet

Posted on Wed, 5 Jul 2017 in Skin Hair and Nails
Question: I have horrible itching just on the balls of my feet,both left and right. No other symptoms any where on my body. I've been usingCeraVa itch relief and it's helping a bit. Any ideas?
I can't find XXXXXXX or USA . Oklahoma.
Answered by Dr. Ornela Ademovi 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Fungal infection or callus

Detailed Answer:
I understand your concern.

From you description, I think it may be a case of Athlete's foot. Even though the balls of the feet are not a typical location for this kind of infection, it does happen. An OTC antifungal lotion or tea tree oil would help.

However, Athlete's foot is not an easy thing to get rid off. Foot hygiene, dry feet, cotton socks and comfy shoes are also essential in the long term.

Sometimes extreme itching can happen on pressure points of the feet where calluses tend to form. pedicure, as well as changing shoes would help resolve and prevent this.

I hope this helps. If you have further questions I'd be happy to assist you.

Wishing you good health,
All the best.

Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Arnab Banerjee
Dr. Ornela Ademovi