Suggest treatment for irregular periods and loss of appetite

Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair

OBGYN

Posted on Tue, 14 Mar 2017 in Women's Health
Question: Hi, I have been trying for the past 8 months to get pregnant but I am not lucky to conceive, my doctor prescribed folic acid for me but it didn't work. Right now, am observing irregular periods( sometimes it comes on the 20, 30, 25 and 18 of the month ). I also have stomachache almost all the time,Lose appetite and also losing weight I am 24 years old, please help.
Answered by Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair 13 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Irregular periods has to be evaluated

Detailed Answer:
Hi
GREETINGS
I understand your situation.
Since your periods are irregular we need to do hormonal analysis esply thyroid and prolactin along with ultrasound scan to rule out PCOD.
You have to get a semen analysis of your husband .
After that treatment( if need be ) can be taken.
Above mentioned tests are basic tests.
Are you having any other medical or hormonal issues? Is the pain abdomen related to menses ?
I need more details.Feel free to ask your doubts with more details.
Hope my answer helps you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Kampana
Follow up: Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair 12 hours later
I am not having any medical or hormonal issue according to my doctor. I have abdomen pain during menses and also stomachache even without observing my periods.it never occurred to me that my husband could be the problem because he already have 4 kids with his first wife. How is my losing appetite and weight related to this please?

I just send you a photo of the medical tests that I undergo so far. Please help me
Answered by Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair 14 hours later
Brief Answer:
Abdominal pain has to be investigated

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Your reports seems to be normal. In view of abdominal pain and losing weight , I suggest you to get an ultrasound scan or consult a gastroenterologist .
You are having pain irrespective of periods.
Hope my answer helps you.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Remy Koshy
Follow up: Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair 2 hours later
Thanks. Are there any ways to improve my chances of getting pregnant
Answered by Dr. B. Radhakrishnan. Nair 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Evaluate tubal patency and ovulation

Detailed Answer:
Hi
As mentioned earlier get a follicular study and tubal patency either with Saline salpingography or diagnostic hysterolaparoscopy.
Can consult an infertility specialist.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj