Suggest treatment for infectious mononucleosis

Dr. Salah Saad Shoman

Posted on Mon, 9 Apr 2018 in Medicines and Side Effects
Question: On Thursday November 9 I went to see a infectious disease doctor because I have been fatigue for the last eight years I have thyroid issues but I take medication for that I also have sleep apnea and I have a CPAP for that I take 250 mg of New vigil a day and he told me Thursday that I have mono they only problem is is why isn't the mono not going away is there something that is feeding my mono in my body that it will not re-side because I have been so tired for the last eight years and there's nothing they give me that will help they didn't work I do not have lupus rheumatoid arthritis etc. etc. just shows that I have mono I recently back into thousand and five had a vaginal mesh sling put in and into thousand 13 I went to UCLA to have it removed by Dr. RAZZ One of the best doctors in the United States he had told me that the Magg has grown into some on my bones and he had to scrape it off so would there be any way that this mash is causing a tocsin in my body and it's causing the mono not to go away I am really looking for some answers because I am very miserable and I seem to not be getting any help where ever I go .
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Infection remains for life

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ma'am,

I have gone through your question and I understand your concerns but infectious mononucleosis is caused by EB virus. Unforunately once you get infected with EB virus it remains dormant in your system for life once the acute phase resolves. This dormant virus can get activated during any period of time in which your immunity is compromised.

Also both the viral capsid IgG test and the EB virus nuclear antigen test remains positive for a life time indicating a past infection of EB virus but don't necessary mean that you have an active infection.
The symptoms you are experiencing could be due to activation of EB virus or due to the need of adjusting your thyroid medications if the thyroid hormone levels are beyond normal or due to hypercabnia which might occur due to sleep apnea.

I hope you find this helpful
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Vaishalee Punj
Follow up: Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 19 hours later
They check my thyroid regular and it is where it should be.
Answered by Dr. Salah Saad Shoman 16 hours later
Brief Answer:
Hypercapnia

Detailed Answer:
Dear Ma'am, hello again.. since your thyroid hormones are within normal range then I would recommend that you get a test for the levels of arterial blood gases to either exclude or confirm the presence of hypercapnia.. I hope you find this. helpful.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T