Owl Image

Suggest treatment for infection in testis

Owl Image
Dr. Albana Sejdini

Question
last year doctor confirmed my testis was infected,but i didnt take medicine.now mild pain in my testis,some weight i' m feeling and also pain in abdomen.pls advice.whether it cause me infertility.i' m not married.pls advice
Wed, 13 Aug 2014 in Men's Health

Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Start treatment immediately...

Detailed Answer:
Hi there,

I am sorry for the situation you are in. It is a pity that you didn't take medicine for infected testis. All the symptoms you are having are due to infection your doctor already confirmed to you.

You are too young and unmarried. If you do not treat infection properly, and will suffer of chronic genital infection; then, that will affect your fertility. If infection will be present, spermatozoids won't be produced or be functioning properly.

It is time to get your medications and get treated as prescribed by your doctor.

Wish fast recovery!
Dr.Albana

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for infection in testis 2 days later
i chk with doctor, he chk my blood and urine.then he said everything normal.whether this two chk enough for checking testis infection?...

Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not enough... Need further examinations...

Detailed Answer:
Hi back,

The blood work and urine analysis are not determining any testes infection. Instead, spermatic/urethral fluid examination and culture and sensitivity testing together with genital ultrasound are determinative for testes infection. You can ask your doctor to get these tests done apart physical examination.

If everything is ok, then, the pain you feel on your testes are not related to infection but inflammation only possibly due to drinking alcohol, smoking, any trauma/injury locally, use of medications or exposure to chemicals.

I advise to take anti-inflammatory drugs (such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen) and elimination of triggering factor (as mentioned earlier).

After a further evaluation and lab tests reports, it will be decided for any specific treatment.

All the best!
Dr.Albana