Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps

174 Doctors Online
Owl Image
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 18 years

I will be looking into your question and guiding you through the process. Please write your question below.

Suggest treatment for infection in testis

Answered by
Owl Image
Dr. Albana Sejdini

General & Family Physician

Practicing since :2006

Answered : 4992 Questions

last year doctor confirmed my testis was infected,but i didnt take mild pain in my testis,some weight i' m feeling and also pain in abdomen.pls advice.whether it cause me infertility.i' m not married.pls advice
Wed, 13 Aug 2014 in Men's Health
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Start treatment immediately...

Detailed Answer:
Hi there,

I am sorry for the situation you are in. It is a pity that you didn't take medicine for infected testis. All the symptoms you are having are due to infection your doctor already confirmed to you.

You are too young and unmarried. If you do not treat infection properly, and will suffer of chronic genital infection; then, that will affect your fertility. If infection will be present, spermatozoids won't be produced or be functioning properly.

It is time to get your medications and get treated as prescribed by your doctor.

Wish fast recovery!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by
Follow-up: Suggest treatment for infection in testis 2 days later
i chk with doctor, he chk my blood and urine.then he said everything normal.whether this two chk enough for checking testis infection?...
Answered by Dr. Albana Sejdini 5 hours later
Brief Answer:
Not enough... Need further examinations...

Detailed Answer:
Hi back,

The blood work and urine analysis are not determining any testes infection. Instead, spermatic/urethral fluid examination and culture and sensitivity testing together with genital ultrasound are determinative for testes infection. You can ask your doctor to get these tests done apart physical examination.

If everything is ok, then, the pain you feel on your testes are not related to infection but inflammation only possibly due to drinking alcohol, smoking, any trauma/injury locally, use of medications or exposure to chemicals.

I advise to take anti-inflammatory drugs (such as acetaminophen or ibuprofen) and elimination of triggering factor (as mentioned earlier).

After a further evaluation and lab tests reports, it will be decided for any specific treatment.

All the best!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by

The User accepted the expert's answer

Share on
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions

Recent questions on Ibuprofen

doctor1 MD

52 yo f. CBC within Normal limits. TSH within normal limits. Negative DM. 5 5 250 lbs. (Was maintaining 208 lbs until after 4 surgeries for Basal Cell Carcinoma. Moh s under and into R Nares positive results. Other 3 surgeries without clear parameters and was stated deep extensive BCC.) Dx with Depression and elevated cholesterol. Present meds; Effexor xr 75mg daily, Wellbutrin 100 mg twice daily, Pravastatin 20 mg daily. Problem; Constant fatigue, decreased ROM with L arm after surgery in 2012, constant pain L arm and feels as if bone will break (upper arm), Pain area increasing L arm then to L shoulder to both shoulders, Left neck with noted lumps, also lumps along collar bone bilat, pain at tongue base. No redness in throat and is not scratchy sore but yes noted pain, also head aches and pain was not relieved with 800 mg Ibuprofen and rest. Now I am noting bilat lower extremity edema and feels tight. Had the BCC for 4 years prior to surgery thinking is was psoriasis. L arm area was size of a quarter and increasing, L arm was greater than a nickle in size and a horn noted R deltoid area. Thank you

doctor1 MD

Hello my husband for the last 2 days have had blood in his urine he has made an appointment to see drs tomorrow

he is in good health aged 62 thought he has busted a blood vessel during intercourse would like your opinan .

he takes 10 mg crester 1 a day for colesterol and 2 ibuprofen twice a day for arthritic pain thanks Shirley Brown.

doctor1 MD

Everytime I take tramadol I get this excruciating pain right under my upper ribs on the left side .... So, I ve found that ibuprofen takes the abdominal pain away. I ve also had this pain twice before without taking tramadol ... But it woke me out of sleep that s how bad it hurts ... Is this a gallbladder attack?

doctor1 MD

I am 14 weeks pregnant with twins. For the past 3 days am having severe shooting pain in my arms and shoulders. It started with left hand now moved to right hand. Even my right knee, ankle and thighs have started to pain. I have applied pain...

doctor1 MD

I'm 27 year old female from past few days I have got joint pains . especially while climbing up and down the stairs along with the cracking sound. went to orthopedician they suggested couple of tests related to auto immune arthiritis, results are...

doctor1 MD

My left testicle has been giving me slight pain and discomfort for around a week now. Especially when I lay on my side to go to sleep, it floats substantially in front of my right testicle. When I m standing it is more elevated than my right, and...