Suggest treatment for h.pylori gastritis
Norfloxacin was never considered for H.Pylori
If the H.pylori Gastritis was confirmed with breath test or Serology tests(blood antibodies), always the standard was triple therapy (Nexium hp7)
The treatment regimens are omeprazole, amoxicillin, and clarithromycin (OAC) for 10 days (OR) bismuth subsalicylate, metronidazole, and tetracycline (BMT) for 14 day which has been approved for either 10 days or 14 days of treatment.
Norfloxacin was not the choice. Please remember that Hpylori exhibit great amount of resistance for macrolides (clarithromycin) so the doctor should have considered the other alternative given above.
The smell of breath is not an objective way to judge the treatment.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Ganaton total treatment gastritis
- Suggest treatment for gastritis
- Suggest treatment for gastritis and upper gi symptoms
- Stomach cancer at fundus chronic gastritis hpylori treatment
- Treatment of fundal gastritis
- Treatment for gastritis
- Gastritis treatment after sirt
- Treatment for mild antral gastritis
- Suggest treatment for right abdomen pain and gastritis
- Suggest treatment for acute gastritis
- Suggest treatment for numbness in the thumb
- Stool with ridges, have large external hemorrhoids, symptoms of IBS....
- What steps can i take to avoid nervousness? All test results are ok
- Low ferritin level. Had swelling in foot, ankle & lower leg, swollen...
- No popping sound while yawning. Have nausea. Hard wax in eustachian...
- Undergoing IUI, took ovidrel shot. How one determines the size &...
- Irregular periods. Taken clomid. Chances of getting pregnant?
- Have bowed legs. Pain in the leg and ankle. Concerned about pain getting...
- Had stent procedures. Is it safe to take alcohol?
- Had short duration of period than usual with heavy flow. Had unprotected...