Suggest treatment for diarrhea, abdominal distention and pain
Microscopic colitis need not arise from poisoning
Thanks for asking on HealthcareMagic.
I have gone carefully through your query and understand your concerns. As already mentioned, the microcytic colitis is likely to the cause of your problems and in that case taking antibiotics is not likely to help. Rifaxim (rifaximin) is a gut specific antibiotic that might be used but although it could minimize the irritants itself, it could not necessarily reduce the inflammation. Usually good response to budesonide is obtained. However, treatment with antidiarrheals, bismuth subsalicylate (Pepto-Bismol), mesalazine/mesalamine (alone or in combination with cholestyramine), systemic corticosteroids, cholestyramine, immunomodulators, and probiotics have shown to be less effective than budesonide. Anti-TNF inhibitors. split ileostomy, diverting ileostomy, and subtotal colectomy are options for management of steroid-dependent or refractory microscopic colitis. Surgery is only considered in case of very serious and non-responsive cases.
I do not think that anybody is sprinkling anything on your food and you need not worry about such a thing. Poisoning is unlikely to give you microscopic colitis. However, thyroid conditions are likely to be related and I would insist you to upload the reports for the thyroid profile.
Let me know if I could help further.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Suggest treatment for diarrhea and stomach pain during pregnancy
- Suggest suitable treatment for diarrhea with stinging pain in stomach
- What are the treatments for abdominal pain diarrhea and tiredness
- What are the treatments for abdominal pain vomiting and diarrhea
- Any treatment for vomiting diarrhea and sever abdominal pain
- What is the treatment for abdominal pain and diarrhea
- Abdominal pain gastroenteritis diarrhea pain subsiding treatment for diarrhea
- Treatment for diarrhea and pain in the hip
- Treatment for abdominal pain diarrhea nausea aggravated by stress
- What are the treatments for abdominal pain diarrhea and farts