• question-icon

Suggest treatment for high BP and tingling in arms

Posted on Wed, 18 Mar 2015 in Hypertension and Heart Disease
Question: For the past 1.5 years my blood pressure has been increasing, yesterday 153/95. I also have a recent tingling in my arms and hands, mostly the left also have now got ridges in my thumb nails, and my eyes have started to itch and eye drops only cause them to leak quite a bit. I sweat very easily and lots of water, this has been for four years. I'm kinda wondering what is going on. My doctor asked me to stop using salt and to exercise, but I get quite tired and need to nap a couple of times a day. I happen to be 72 and do enjoy being active, but that is gradually disappearing.
Answered by Dr. Ilir Sharka 3 hours later
Brief Answer:
Rule out consecutively reasons of hyperhidrosis

Detailed Answer:
Hello!

Thank you for your question on HCM!

Regarding your concern seems that you exert a condition called hyperhidrosis and taking into account you age we have to do with a secondary hyperhidrosis. There are many pathologies which cause that condition for example undiagnosed tuberculosis and as well some other infections like brucellosis, etc, hyperthyroidism, heart failure, some drugs like antidepressant, Parkinson disease,etc.

I recommend you to consult an internist in order to explore a thorough medical history and physical exams couples with many lab tests to differentiate the right diagnosis.

Hope to have been helpful to you.

If you have any additional informations, please feel free to ask me whenever you need.
Greetings from Dr. Iliri
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Ashwin Bhandari
Dr. Ilir Sharka

Cardiologist