What causes hyperhidrosis, severe weakness and itching all over the body?

Dermatologist
Question
I am experiencing many episodes of generalized secondary hyperhidrosis, severe weakness and itching all over. I feel like my body is attacking itself.
Fri, 27 Apr 2018 in Skin Hair and Nails

Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 2 hours later
Brief Answer:
Go for lab tests to find out the cause of your symptoms

Detailed Answer:
Hi
Thanks for being at Healthcaremagic
These symptoms of hyperhidrosis, tiredness and itching could be due to multiple causes like diabetes, thyroid diseases, raised uric acid levels and anemia .
I would recommend you to get your fasting blood sugar levels, thyroid function tests, serum uric acid levels and complete blood count done to exclude these causes.
Meanwhile you can take an antihistaminic like tablet Cetrizine 10 mg twice daily.
Dr Asmeet

Follow-up: What causes hyperhidrosis, severe weakness and itching all over the body? 47 hours later
I have had most of the blood work (fasting) done about which you recommended. Here are the results:

1.     My TSH is 1.28.
2.     My Hemoglobin A1C is 5.28%
3.     My CBC with Differential showed nothing unusual except for some slight elevations in the following: WBC 11, MCH 32.3, Neutrophil % 72%, Absolute Neutrophil Count 7.9, and slightly low counts for: MPV 8.9 and Lymphocyte % 18.1 %.

And I take benedryl. I just feel like there is something really wrong here.

Answered by Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney 42 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Cortisone cream, moisturising lotion, oxybutinin, glycopyrolate

Detailed Answer:
For itching I would recommend you apply cortisone cream on the affected areas twice daily along with application of a moisturising lotion containing white soft paraffin on the entire body 2-3 times in a day for 7-10 days.
Also continue with benedryl.
For generalised hyperhidrosis you can take tablet oxybutinin or glycopyrolate.
These are prescription drugs and you need to see the doctor in person to get them.
For generalised weakness you can take calcium supplements.
If your symptoms don't improve in 10 days consult a doctor and go for clinical examination to find out the exact cause of your problems.