Suggest treatment for hiatal hernia
Supportive care and symptomatic treatment
Thank you for asking
I read your question and i understand your concern. At age of 73 with parkinsonism in history , i am afraid we should not discuss the best treatment option, rather the safest treatment option which are conservative and supportive and symptomatic like antacids, gastric motility enhancing medications, mucosal protecting agents like sucralfate, gastric secretions blockers like H2 blockers and proton pump inhibitors and diet and lifestyle modifications like eating small frequent meals, avoiding triggers like spices,stimulants, coffee, processed and canned foods, chocolates, smoking, over eating etc. Delay lying down after meal for 2 hours and keep the head side of the bed elevated.
Talk to your gastroenterologist and let them decide what is best for you.
I hope it helps. Take good care of yourself and dont forget to close the discussion please.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Hiatal hernia pain relief treatment
- Sliding hiatal hernia symptoms and treatment
- Esophageal spasms and hiatal hernia and pharmacological treatment
- Treatment and cure for gastriduous, hiatal hernia
- Marijuana used in treatment of hiatal hernia
- Drinking beer after hiatal hernia treatment
- Treatment and cure for strangulated hiatal hernia
- Treatment and cure for Very large hiatal hernia
- Treatment and cure for symptomatic hiatal hernia
- Sliding hiatal hernia treatment