Suggest treatment for headaches and pain behind the left eye

Dr. Erion Spaho

Neurologist, Surgical

Posted on Wed, 7 Sep 2016 in Headache and Migraines
Question: On & off for a week I've had a headache focused with pain behind my left eye and the same eyelid is slightly swollen or droopy and watery. Ok to wait for Friday appt with my doctor or is this urgent?
Answered by Dr. Erion Spaho 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
Better get checked sooner.

Detailed Answer:
Hello and thanks for using HCM.

I have read your question and understand your concerns.

Symptoms you describe seems to be caused by sinusitis, cluster headaches may be taken in consideration too.

Bith these conditions if left untreated may progress and your condition may worsen, so, in my opinion, you need to be evaluated medically sooner, but doesn't have to be an extreme emergency.

Hope you found the answer helpful.

Let me know if I can assist you further.

Greetings.
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Raju A.T