Suggest treatment for gangrene in toe
His toe needs amputation
I have studied your case and I do not think that daily dressing or any other procedure is going to improve his gangrene.
I would recommend him to get this toe amputated. This will prevent any future complication like spreading gangrene or infection.
For increasing blood flow he should quit smoking. He should also consult to a vascular suregon. He may be benefitted from bypass surgery .
I hope this answer will be useful for you. Let me know if there is any other followup questions.
this wound for last 1 and half month.I also agree with the bypass surgery advice, since blood flow is compromised on both legs. Keep you updated on further
Wish you a fast and speedy recovery
I think your friend should go for amputation as soon as possible. His healing will be fast. If there is option of bypass available for him, then both surgery can be done at same time.
it is not fixed
it is very difficult to give any fix amount as it can be different in different city. But It can be done in less than 40000 in a government hospital. In private it can cost 100000 rupees. Though it is a very rough estimate.
The User accepted the expert's answer
Get personalised answers from verified doctor in minutes across 80+ specialties
- Treatment of gangrene and survival rate
- Ayurvedic treatment for gangrene
- Gangrene treatment under sedation
- Ayurvedic treatment for diabetic gangrene
- Treatment of gangrene in ayurveda
- Suggest treatment for pain and infection in toe
- Foreskin treatment with toe gangrene in diabetes
- Ayurveda treatment for gangrene foot
- Treatment gas gangrene
- Suggest treatment for swollen foot and toes