Suggest treatment for frequent nausea and pain in back

Dr. Grzegorz Stanko

General Surgeon

Posted on Sat, 23 Aug 2014 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: Hi, I am a 49 year old woman and I've been having nausea, off and on vomiting for 2 1/2 months now. My primary care doctor thinks it's too much acid in my stomach so I was asked to take omeprazole. I've been taking this for 5 days now but it doesn't seem to be helping. I also have tingling in the middle of my back and slight discomfort on my right side. I can't function like this.
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 1 hour later
Brief Answer:
detailed before

Detailed Answer:
Hello.

Thank you for the query.

Right abdominal discomfort, tingling in the back and nausea makes gallstones very possible. Chills can be the symptom of some inflammation.
In my opinion you definitelly need some diagnostic. Abdominal ultrasound, blood work, urine analysis, liver tests, pancreas tests should be done. If there will be gallstones detected, laparoscopic surgery should be considered.
If nothing will be found in mentioned tests, gastroscopy should be next.

Hope this will help. Feel free to ask further questions.

Regards.
Follow up: Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 4 minutes later
I also forgot to mention that I have a feeling of numbness around my jaw and a slight feeling of dizziness here and there. Not sure if I should wait to see a doctor or go to Urgent Care today.
Answered by Dr. Grzegorz Stanko 24 minutes later
Brief Answer:
.

Detailed Answer:
I think that you should not wait. Dizziness seems to be caused by dehydration. Please go to ER and do not risk.