What are the surgical options available for cholecystectomy?

Dr. Ramesh Kumar

Gastroenterologist

Posted on Fri, 27 Apr 2018 in Digestion and Bowels
Question: What is the surgery for gallbladder removal like these days?
Answered by Dr. Ramesh Kumar 47 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Laproscopic cholecystectomy.

Detailed Answer:
Thanks for choosing HealthcareMagic for your query.
Have gone through your query.
Standard procedure of choice is Laproscopic cholecystectomy.Laparoscopic cholecystectomy is a procedure in which the gallbladder is removed by laparoscopic techniques. Laparoscopic cholecystectomy is now the gold standard for the treatment of symptomatic gallstone disease. Laparoscopic surgery also referred to as minimally invasive surgery describes the performance of surgical procedures with the assistance of a video camera and several thin instruments.
Most people who have laproscopic surgery are discharged on the same day as the operation. It will usually take around two weeks to return back to all normal activities.
Its very safe with success rate as high as 99%.

In case you need any other details please do revert back.
Thanks!
Above answer was peer-reviewed by : Dr. Prasad