Suggest treatment for frequent chest pain

Question
I am 34 been having chest pains off and on for the past 3 months. been to ER 3 times several chest xrays and ekg performed all normal. Could I still have heart disease
Posted Sun, 31 Aug 2014 in Hypertension and Heart Disease

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 12 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Very unlikely to be heart disease!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thank you so much for this query.

I am so sorry to hear about the chest pain that you have reported. You history, age and symptoms with respond to pain medications is not suggestive of pain from the heart. Pain from the heart would not respond to common pain medications but would rather stay constant until the problem is resolved.

The chances of you having a heart disease with normal preliminary screening tests, your age and atypical symptoms, is very low. Though possible because you have a heart, highly unlikely to be related to a heart disease at this time.

I am leaning more towards a pain fro the thoracic wall than from one of the deep seated organs.

I hope this helps. I wish you well. Thank you so much for using our services and do feel free to ask for more information and clarifications if need be. I wish you well.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for frequent chest pain 7 minutes later
Thank you for your response. In addition, they did tons of blood work I'm assuming the standard CBC with differential panel, does that show heart disease symptoms?. In addition to those symptoms I been have right side flank pain with abdominal pain again my doctor dismiss it as muscular pain . I went to ER last night they did a CT scan of my abdominal nothing every thing normal.. I jumped to heart disease.

Signed
stressed out 34 year old single mom
I don't have High Blood Pressure ore Diabetes. I have asthma recently diagnosed with mild sleep apnea. maybe this is contributing to my hysteria

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 4 hours later
Brief Answer:
Please, right side and heart are very unlikely!

Detailed Answer:

I understand the heightened concern about heart disease. You have no identified risk factor at you age to make this a concerning issue. Relax, tell yourself tons and tons of tests have shown nothing wrong and for sure I am okay. We need this believe, assurance, reassurance and at times it is all we need to regain our healthy status. Nothing ruins so easily, deep and rapidly as the mind. Pay attention to this.

Sleep apnea and asthma cannot explain these symptoms. Be assured and reassured and take full control over these symptoms.

I hope this helps. I wish you well.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for frequent chest pain 18 minutes later
Yes this helps tremendously. The mind is the most powerful muscle in the body and has the ability to run away so quickly. I dont know much about the heart and I know the ER room is tired of treating me. I take my health very serious. I am am educated woman with 2 degrees and I dont like to be dismissed everything is not related to stress or anxiety and need to Motrin. Some things need a closer look. Its nice to see doctors like you willing to take alittle time to answer a questions and cute.

Answered by Dr. Ivo Ditah 50 minutes later
Brief Answer:
Thanks for sharing this with me!

Detailed Answer:
Hi and thanks for this follow up information.

My utmost wish is to help relieve the fears of my patient with evidence based medical facts when applicable. In your case, I have reasons to do so. Work more on this and walk out of this state.

Keep me updated with your progress. I am interested to know how well you beat this bad feeling.

I wish you well.

Follow-up: Suggest treatment for frequent chest pain 10 hours later
I will keep you posted after my cardiologist appointment. My doctor referred me for a consultation. In addition, I am currently taking a small dose of ativan 0.5 to help with anxiety.

Thank you

Najeebah